Monday, December 10, 2007

 

Time flies

It's worrying to think that I've now been in my new apartment for three, nearly four, months. It's pleasant in many ways, albeit a bit over-decorated. But after a while you blank out the chandeliers and other details and it all settles down. The apartment has solar heated water for much of the year - I've only just had to move to switch to the normal system in mid-November - and a generator that cuts in during power cuts. This is a huge benefit, and I discovered it only a couple of nights ago when after the lights went out I was feeling my way towards matches and candles and suddenly the lights (but not much else) came on again.

As before, I have upstairs neighbours who from time to time clomp about overhead. But even that is far better than the last apartment.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]